A Daybook on Giddh provides details of every entry made, every transaction done, and every financial activity conducted on any given day or in a given date range.
First / Previous / Next / Last: These options are given just below the table. Use them to move to the required pages.
View the details of an entry / Expand
Click on an entry in the Daybook to see its details. To see details of all the entries in the Daybook quickly (according to the date range), click on the Expand All button given at the top left of the grid.
Set the date range to view the Daybook entries of that time period. When you click on the date range, a dropdown with date range options appears on screen. These options include Last 1 day, Last 7 days, Last 30 days, Last six months and Last 1 year. You can even define a custom date range. If you choose the Custom Range option, then select the start date and the end date from the calendar for viewing the entries. The older date that you pick in the calendar will be considered the start date by the software.
Advance Search (Export / Search)
The advanced search allows you to set filter by date, excluding or including accounts and voucher types, and details associated with Inventory and Cheques.
- To use the advanced search option, click on the Advanced Search button (given between the Date Range option and Expand All option at the top left of the grid).
- A popup window opens on screen. Provide information for all or some of the following fields:
- Date Range: Click in the Select Range box and a calendar opens on screen. Choose a start date and an end date to define the date range. Refer the Date Filter section to know more about Date Range.
- Particulars (Include / Exclude): Set the Include or Exclude toggle switch (green means active) as per your requirement; then, click in the Select Accounts field; a list of existing accounts is displayed on screen; choose those which you want to include or exclude in the results.
- Voucher Type (Include / Exclude): Set the Include or Exclude toggle switch (green means active) as per your requirement; then, click in the Select Accounts field; a list of existing voucher types is displayed; choose those which you want to include or exclude in the results.
- Amount: Click in the Select Range field and choose a parameter from the options like Equals, Exclude, Less Than, Greater Than, etc. Then, enter the amount in the field.
- Other Details: If you want to narrow down the results further, enter the details for Inventory (Account, Quantity and Value), and Check Details.
- Export / Search: Finally, you can take one of the following two actions:
- Click on the Export button to export information from Daybook as per the specified criteria; another popup window seeking further details about the export shows on screen; choose the options accordingly and click on the Download button.
- Click on the Search button to export information from Daybook as per the specified criteria.
You can export (download) all the entries in the Daybook to your computer for a given date range. This can be used to pass on to your CA or any accounting professional. To export the information, use the Export button given at the top right corner of the window. A popup window with the following options appears on screen:
- Type: Select Detailed if you want to include information like description, etc., in the ledger. If you want to get a brief information about the entries, simply select Mini.
- Export As: It is the format. Choose between PDF and Excel options.
- Order: It is date-wise Ascending (Oldest to Recent) or Descending (Recent to Oldest).
- Download: Click on the download button to get the document to your device.