You can manage preinstalled permissions groups like Admin, Super Admin and Viewer, and custom permission groups created by you.
- Click on the View button for a user group. Admin, Super Admin and View groups come precreated. You can create more as per requirement.
- Permissions are shown module-wise with each module represented by a card and each card has several checkboxes for different types of permissions. The modules covered include Audit logs, dashboard, inventory, invoice, ledger, manage, petty cash manager, recurring entry, report, search and settings.
- Locate the module to which you want to make changes; select the checkbox corresponding to an Create, Comment, etc. To disable an action, deselect its checkbox. The user can enable or disable permission associated with creation, commenting, deletion, GST filing, GST view, editing and viewing for each module.
- The changes take effect immediately.
Add a New Role (Permission Group)
Admin, Super Admin and View roles come preinstalled in the software. Apart from these, you can create new roles or permission groups and provide them access according to your requirement. Here are the steps to create a new role:
- Click on the Add New Role button.
- A popup entry form opens on screen. Provide the following details in it:
- Role Name: Give a name that is reflective of the role you are creating. It should be intuitive so that other users can understand its purpose.
- Role Type: It is a dropdown field that provides the following two options:
- Fresh Start: By choosing this option, you can handpick the modules and pages the user gets permission on. In the Select Pages field, choose the pages by selecting their checkboxes. You can further customize these permissions in the next step.
- Copy From Other Role: By choosing this option, you can copy the permissions assigned to the default roles like Super Admin, Admin and View. Use this option to cover most of the pages or modules of the software.
- After choosing the options (either a or b) mentioned above, click on the Next button.
- On the next page, locate the permissions of the module or page to which you want to make changes. To enable or disable action, select or deselect the corresponding checkbox (creation, commenting, deletion, GST filing, GST view, editing and viewing). To add more pages, click on the Add box and select the checkboxes for the required pages and click on the Add button.
- Finally, click on the Save button. The role has been created and will be visible on the Permissions page.
To see how to assign these permissions to users, read this article.
Edit / Delete Roles (Permission Groups)
You can delete only the custom roles and not the default ones (Super Admin, Admin and View). However, you can edit both.
To edit or delete custom groups:
- On the Permissions page, locate the Role or permission group you want to edit or delete.
- Choose one of the following actions:
- Edit: Choosing Edit opens the page containing options for enabling and disabling permissions. Locate the page to which you want to make changes and select or deselect the checkboxes to enable or disable the permissions. Finally, click on the Update button.
- Delete: Clicking on the Delete button opens a popup requesting confirmation for the action. Select ‘Yes’ in the popup. The permission group will be deleted. The role cannot be deleted if even a single user is assigned to it.