Settings section gives you control over your profile and accounting information on Giddh. The Settings tab is visible when you click on the company name (in the top left corner of the page). Click on Settings, and a world full of options to customize and manage your profile and accounting information appears on screen.
This section allows you to create taxes and edit or delete the existing ones. You can create taxes as per the norms of the state and central government and according to the products and services you offer. The taxes created here can then be applied to the invoices, credit notes, debit notes and estimates that you create later.
- Click on the New Tax tab given at the top right corner of the Tax section. An entry form with the following fields and options opens on screen:
- Select Tax: A set of predefined options are displayed here. If you do not find a suitable category for the tax you want to apply, please select the ‘other’ option. Also, when you select GST, the percent that you enter in Tax Percent gets automatically distributed accordingly (SGST, IGST, UTGST and CGST whichever is applicable).
- Tax Percent: Enter a collective percent of taxes applicable according to your product or service.
- Name: Give a name to this tax. It will be visible as an option in the tax dropdown for applying to invoice or notes.
- Unique No.: As you enter the Name of the tax, this field is automatically populated. You can change it though.
- Apply Tax From: Choose a date from which you want to apply the tax. It can be a past date as well. However, you cannot apply this on a saved invoice.
- Tax Duration: The options are based on the duration in which you prefer to file tax returns.
- Filing Date: It is the date of the month on which you prefer to file the returns.
- Click on the Create button.
The tax has been created. It will now be available for applying on invoices.
Edit / Delete Taxes
Taxes that have been already created can be edited or deleted.
- To edit the tax in the Tax section, under the Action column, click on the pencil icon, make changes in the entry form, and click on Update.
- To delete the tax in the Tax section, under the Action column, click on the dustbin icon, choose Yes in the confirmation popup that appears at the top of screen. However, do keep in mind that if this tax has been applied to any invoice, then either the tax must be removed from there or the related invoice be deleted.
You can configure several third-party applications with Giddh to send emails, messages, collect and make payments, and for selling products or services online. Giddh offers integration of 5 types, viz., SMS, Email, Collection (payment gateways), E-Comm (e-commerce platforms for selling products/services) and Payments (bank accounts):
You can send messages (SMS) to remind customers for clearing pending invoices or alert a vendor when you place an order. These messages can be sent in bulk or individually depending on your requirements.
Here are the steps to configure a messaging app with Giddh:
- Go to MSG91 site and register with them.
- Get SMS credits from there; you will get Auth Key and Sender ID as well from there.
- Enter the key and sender id from MSG 91 in the SMS section on Giddh.
- Click Save.
You will get a confirmation message on the portal.
Now you can send messages to your customers and vendors from Giddh.
Giddh comes configured with Gmail services and offers options for configuration of third-party email services to send reminders, alerts, and updates from the Giddh interface itself to the people and businesses you deal with. You can configure the sender’s address to give the email more relevance. You can configure third-party email services with Giddh. As of now, you can configure either or both of Gmail and SendGrid services.
There are two steps to set Gmail as your default sender.
- Connect Gmail by clicking on the Connect with Gmail option in the Settings > Integration > Email section and follow the ensuing steps.
- Now go to the Invoice section (from Jump To or from All Module) and then select Settings. In the From Email field, enter the desired email address and verify it. Also, do select the Send email through Gmail checkbox.
From step 2, you can vary your sender id as often as you want.
- Go to SendGrid website and register yourself there.
- Get the API Key from SendGrid.
- Enter this key in the Authorization key field of SendGrid section on Giddh.
- Click on Save.
This section is used to receive payments via payment gateways. For using any of these payment gateways, you must first register with them. The registration credentials of the Payment Gateways are then linked with accounts on Giddh.
For example, to register RazorPay with Giddh:
- Go to the RazorPay website and register with them.
- Get the Key Id and Secret; enter these in RazorPay Details section on Giddh.
- In the Link Account field, choose a bank account, RazorPay or any other payment gateway account.
- If you want this transaction to be automatically updated in the Bank Account ledger, select the checkbox for Automatic Capture on Payment.
Similarly, you can register with the remaining payment gateways and use your credentials and other details to link those gateways with any account on Giddh.
Directly connect sales orders received from Amazon and other e-commerce platforms into your Giddh interface.
Connect a bank account with Giddh for making payments to your vendors and dealers. As of now, we support the ICICI bank. Simply enter the details about the bank account and get going. For other banks, get in touch with us and we will offer you a solution.
Link your CCAvenue and RazorPay accounts for receiving payments from customers. To use these, first register with them and then proceed with the linking process mentioned below:
- Click on the Connect Bank link.
- Enter the name of the payment gateway (like CCAvenue). Matching options will appear on screen; pick from them and click on the Next button.
- Enter the necessary details from the payment gateway account and click on the Submit button.
- A confirmation message will appear on screen. When the process is verified from the payment gateway, you will be notified by them.
The profile section allows you to update your company name and contact information (email address, phone number and location), enable multi-currency transactions, choose inventory type, enter and update tax identification number and so on.
For GUCC, you can update the TIN from here, while for India, you can update the GSTIN from here.
Enter details in each of the fields. Here is information for some of the fields to help you fill the entry form:
- Currency: The currency is chosen when you are creating the company. You cannot change it later. Your invoices and financial reports on Giddh will show transactions in the chosen currency.
- Multicurrency: Select this checkbox to enable transactions in multiple currencies. This is useful when you sell or buy products across national boundaries.
- Country and State: It is your country and state. This will be useful while calculating taxes.
- Inventory Type: By selecting an inventory type, you define the type of items you will stock. The choice you make here is reflected in the HSN or SAC code that is applied to the inventory. Do keep in mind that if you choose inventory type as Service, it will not be included in as assets in financial reports.
- Digits after the decimal: In standard practice, two digits after decimal are used for creating bills and receipts. You can choose as per your requirement.
- Number System: Choose between international (calculations are done in millions) and the Indian system (calculations are done in lakhs and crores).
Giddh begins your financial journey from the year you register on it. However, you can add financial years from the past as well. You can also set the cycle of the financial year by choosing from the options.
Note: It is ideal to set the financial year before you create any opening balance on the portal in any of the accounts. If you have already created an opening balance in any of the accounts, you will not be able to add a financial year to the respective company. In such scenarios, get in touch with our customer support team to find a solution.
Add Financial Years
- In the Financial Year section, locate the Add Financial Year field.
- Click in it and options for financial years from 2012 onwards appear in a dropdown list. To add only the previous year, select it. However, if you select a year other than the previous year from the past, then all the intermediate years will automatically also be included in the result. For example, if the current year is 2019, and you select year 2016 from the list, then the intermediate years 2017, and 2018 will automatically be added to the list.
- Click on Save.
The added years show in the financial years list.
Change the cycle
Other than adding financial years, you can also change the financial year cycle as required. Simply click in the Financial Year Period and choose a cycle. Save it. A confirmation message is displayed on screen.
Lock and Unlock Years
Financial information in the locked years cannot be edited. This gives the owner or principal accountants greater control over the information especially when they give access to other users to the portal. Use the toggle switches to lock or unlock financial years.
The person who purchases the license is by default the Super Admin. They can create and manage companies and work on all the modules of Giddh. They can further assign permissions to other users. Further, the Super Admin can edit the rights granted to other users from All Modules > Permissions.
The three types of user rights (also referred to as permissions) on Giddh are:
- Super Admin: This is full-control permission. This user can perform all the basic and advanced operations on Giddh with their login. There can be multiple super admins for a company.
- Admin: This permission allows users to make edits to the current company. There can be multiple Admins for a company.
- Viewer: This user can only read the information on the portal. There can be many Viewers for a company.
Note: Do keep in mind that the roles of each of the permission can be modified from All Modules > Permissions to suit the requirement of the organization.
Permission can be assigned to registered and unregistered users. Here is how it works:
Unregistered user: A user not registered on Giddh can either log in with their Google Id (same email address to which permission is assigned) or create a new login on Giddh with the same email address to which the permission was assigned.
Registered user: A user already registered with Giddh can log in with the email address to which the permission was assigned. They can use the Switch Company functionality to access the shared information. Their role will be limited to the level of permission assigned to them.
Your business can contain many branches across the state, country or the globe. With Giddh, you can track the movement of goods or services between branches, generate invoices according to branches, and do many other activities that involve a transaction between the branches.
Create a branch
When you create a branch, the current company under which you are logged in is by default the headquarters. Other companies with the same login can be added as branches.
- Click on the Add Branch button.
- A list of companies shows in the popup list.
- Select as necessary and click on the Save button.
The branch has been added. You can remove it by using the options given on the page.
Create tags to classify information and retrieve it according to requirement. Tags are attached to entries to enable the filtering of information later. When generating reports like Profit and Loss, Trial Balance and Balance Sheet, use tags to retrieve selected information. When you first log in to the portal, you find the list of tags empty. All the existing tags are listed in this section. Tags are plain words associated with entries. These can be names of persons, branches, products, limits or anything that can help you classify or analyze information.
On Giddh, you first create a tag and then attach it to entries.
Create a tag
Here are the steps to create a tag:
- In the Tags section under Settings, enter the name of the tag in the Create Tag field and provide a description. Try to use standard words or names for tags so that other users can also find them easy to understand.
- Click on the Create button.
The tag is created and is visible in the list of tags on the page.
Edit / Delete a tag
Existing tags can be edited or deleted by doing the following:
- Edit: In the Tags section, a list of existing tags is given. Spot the tag you want to edit. Click on the pencil icon in its row, make changes in the entry form, and click on the tick mark icon to save it.
- Delete: In the Tags section, a list of existing tags is given. Spot the tag you want to delete. Click on the dustbin icon and choose Yes in the confirmation popup that appears at the top of screen.
A trigger sends an alert through online messages, emails or other means when a certain threshold associated to an account is crossed. It can be about closing balance, the number of units of stock in the inventory, or anything else that is quantifiable. For example, you can set a trigger for your stock of laptops when their numbers fall below a certain quantity in your stock. This will help you prevent any shortfall of stock at the last moment.
Create a trigger
In the Trigger section, you see an entry form with the following fields:
Name: Give a name to the Trigger. The name should be reflective of the purpose of the trigger.
Select Entity Type: This is generally one of the three options: Company, Accounts or Groups.
Select Entity: Depending on the Type you have chosen above, the options are populated in this field. Choose one of them.
Scope: The trigger will be set in the context of the scope. As of now, only ‘Closing Balance’ option is provided.
Filter: This sets the option when the trigger is made. That is, when the amount is less than or when the amount is more than the set value.
Action: Use a webhook to trigger the message.
Value: It is the value with which the Filter option will compare (less than or greater than). You will be able to enter value here after you enter the web address of the webhook (register at https://viasocket.com/ to proceed further) in the URL field.
URL: Enter the URL of the webhook. You can use Socket application for the same. Register with Socket at https://viasocket.com/ and proceed further.
Description: Enter details about this trigger to let others know its purpose.
Edit / Delete a trigger
Existing triggers can be edited or deleted by doing the following:
- Edit: In the Triggers section, a list of existing triggers is visible. Spot the trigger you want to edit. Click on the pencil icon in its row, make changes in the entry form, and click on the tick mark icon to save it.
- Delete: In the Triggers section, a list of existing triggers is visible. Spot the trigger you want to delete. Click on the dustbin icon and choose Yes in the confirmation popup that appears at the top of screen.
Every now and then, you may like to give away freebies and discounts. On Giddh, you can create discounts and apply them to the invoices. Once created, these discounts can be applied by authorized personnel from anywhere. This gives you the flexibility of passing benefits to the intended customers right when the invoicing is done. This also empowers your workforce and builds confidence among them.
Create a discount
- In the Create Discountsection, click on the Select Discount dropdown and select from one of the following two options:
- As per value: This is applied as the absolute value. For example, a discount value of 50 will reduce 50 from the total billed amount.
- As per percent: This is applied as a percent of the total billed amount. For example, a discount percent of 5 will reduce 50 from a total billed amount of 1000.
- The following fields appear on screen:
- Name: Give a name to this discount so that the beneficiaries and other users understand its purpose when they see it in the invoice.
- Value: the number you enter here would be considered as absolute value or percent depending on the option you have chosen in step 1 above.
- Linked Discounts: Link this action to an existing account. In general, you can choose the Discount option or create another one if necessary.
- Click on the Add button.
The discount has been created.
Edit / Delete a discount
Existing discounts can be edited or deleted by doing the following:
- Edit: In the Discounts section, a list of existing discounts is visible. Spot the discount you want to edit. Click on the pencil icon in its row, make changes in the entry form, and click on the tick mark icon to save it.
- Delete: In the Discounts section, a list of existing discounts is visible. Spot the discount you want to delete. Click on the dustbin icon and choose Yes in the confirmation popup that appears at the top of screen.